Summer is here and if you are heading out on a holiday, you’re not alone! July and August are among the busiest travel months every year.
Unfortunately, July and August are the busiest month for burglars as well. Studies show property crimes rise ten percent during these months due in part to homes being unoccupied during holidays.
So if you are one of the millions hitting the road this summer, don’t fret. There are several steps you can take to keep your home safe whilst you are away
- Notify a friendly neighbor
- Tell them your plans and have them keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
- Make it look like you are home
- Use a timer for lights inside the house and leave a car parked in the driveway if possible.
- Overflowing Post or Bins that havent been out are a sign someone is away.
- Keep High-Value Items out of sight
- If you can see your valuables from your window, so can a burglar
- Get a Home 8 Security System to ensure your house is Safe & Secure.
- With Home8, you’ll be connected to your home regardless of location and will be able to monitor suspicious activity and alert authorities if needed… all from the palm of your hand.
Have a Safe & Happy summer from all the team here at Home8!